What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a group of discrete, private networks linked together over a public network—namely, the internet. For anyone who is concerned about keeping his or her online data private, a VPN is a must-have.
A VPN scrambles all the data that passes through the networks by acting as a secure “tunnel” between your computer and the sites you visit online. By encrypting your computer’s internet connection, sites that you visit and data that you send and receive is safe from prying eyes.
Other uses for a VPN
- Change your IP address and appear in another location
- Make public wifi connections safe, which are often unprotected
- Watch content from other countries without restrictions
- Buy airplane tickets in a country with lower rates
- For remote workers, to connect to a work server and share files
- Bypass local internet networks, which can be slower than with a VPN
Overall, using a VPN secures your internet browsing and gives you more autonomy with the sites you can visit.
With a VPN built right into it, UR makes staying private online easy! Access the VPN with just a click—look for the ninja icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
Think of UR as an armored car for your online traffic. We respect privacy and created a web browser to keep you safe and private as you navigate the internet highways. 🚗 Learn more here.