Since the launch of the new beta, we’ve had several emails and comments from Mac users who have trouble downloading all the features. This is the beta that is currently found on the UR website.
If you’re not seeing Shield, AdControl, Ninja or Downloader (or perhaps seeing multiple versions of them), it is because you already have a previous version of UR installed on your computer.
Rest assured, we are working on fixing this! In the meantime, we recommend that you carry out a total reinstallation of UR, so that no elements is left from a previous version.
Mac update! 🍎
We told our beta testers back in January that we were shifting the focus of UR and concentrating on privacy and security features.
Our goal is to build a web browser that gives you easy-to-use tools to protect your privacy and keep your data safe.
This beta version is a big step forward in our vision of a browser built to protect users. More to come in the near future!
Please uninstall your current version of UR and re-install this one.
• Qwant as default search provider
• All reporting to Google’s servers has been removed
• Third party cookies blocked
• Built-in ad blocker and VPN (500Mb free/month)
• Privacy settings by default
• Virus scanner
• Alerts for suspicious websites
• Doubled RSA key encryption
For the nerds: check out the exhaustive list of privacy features.
Test UR for its privacy features!
• Panopticlick is website run by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) that shows you how safe (or unsafe!) your browser is against tracking (check this link why you’d want to use a tool like Panopticlick). See how UR stacks up and share it!
Join the beta newsletter here: https://www.ur-browser.com/en-US/Press
Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.